Ventspils Digital Centre is a public institution of Ventspils municipality.
Aims of VDC are:
- To facilitate the involvement of Ventspils municipality, residents and entrepreneurs in the information society and e-Government;
- To work actively in building up the information society and in implementation of e-solutions on local, regional, national and international level;
- To form, support and develop the infrastructure of information and communication technologies.
VDC renders a wide range of services to inhabitants, municipal employees and departments, business companies and other legal entities:
- Development and maintenance of ICT infrastructure in Ventspils city municipality (administration, institutions, schools);
- ICT helpdesk for schools and all libraries of Latvia;
- Training inhabitants helping them to acquire and improve computer skills;
- Providing public internet access points in Ventspils
- Offering copying, printing, video and image duplication and processing services;
- Providing business support services for start-ups and SMEs;
- Hosting seminars and experience exchange forums for EU project developers and implementers.